The course covers the following in detail:
- New & Exciting Plants
- Overview of the best common garden plants
- Plant Combining with succession interest
- Garden Design – using plants successfully
- Planing process - understand the methodology and systems of plant combining
- Assessing plants – garden worthy or not?
- Visits to nurseries & private gardens exclusively arranged.
IS THE COURSE RIGHT FOR ME?
If you are enthusiastic about learning, interested in trying new ways of gardening and open to the possibilities of new plants, then this course is a good match for you. It’s important that you have a good basic knowledge of gardening and understand common garden techniques.
WHO ELSE HAS DONE THE COURSE?
Since 2009 hundreds of gardeners have completed the course. Most are enthusiasts, some are professional gardeners looking to increase their knowledge.
WHAT WILL I KNOW AT THE END OF THE COURSE?
At the end of the course you will:
- Know a wide range of plants,
- Know how to propagate from cuttings, divisions and seeds
- Have an appreciation of a wide range of Ireland's gardens and nurseries
- Know how to combine, mix and place plants in any given garden situation
- You will receive detailed plant notes of 50+ plants during classes in Hunting Brook.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The course costs €900 per year (€90.00 per class). This can be paid in three
installments over the year, €200 deposit, €350 to be paid on the first class and then the remainder is due in Feb.
WHEN ARE THE DATES?
Next class commences on the 25th February and runs over one Tuesday per month 10.30am – 4.00pm.