Thursday 16th April 10.30AM – 3.30PM
First in a series of Masterclasses with Jimi Blake for 2020
It’s that time of year when the garden is springing back to life and preparing itself for an exciting year ahead. Join Jimi Blake as he shares his passion for early spring plants on a walk and talk around the garden, practical demonstrations and an illustrated lecture. Jimi will introduce you to the plants that put on their show at this time of year and explain how best to grow them, how to combine them in the garden to create a stunning spring garden.
Your day with consist of the following:
• Illustrated talk on the best late winter and spring plants including trees, shrubs, perennials and bulbs
• Behind the scene tour of Hunting Brook. As we walk through the gardens, we will pay particular attention to Hunting Brook’s woodland/spring plant collection and the plants that carry the gardens through the late winter and into spring
• During the course we’ll discuss how to create a glorious spring garden, selecting the right plant for the right place and how to combine these in the garden
• Jimi will introduce you to an extensive palette of spring plants and how to bridge the gap from winter into spring including detailed notes
• Practical demonstration class where Jimi will explain the jobs that take place in the gardens at this time of year including propagation such as seed sowing and division, pruning, redesigning planting schemes and cultivation techniques.
• We will explore the layered gardening techniques used to provide multiple displays even in a small garden
• Jimi will give you exclusive insight on his vision for Hunting Brook, starting with the new and exciting changes he has made this winter and will be making through the spring
• This is an exceptional opportunity to see Hunting Brook Gardens at this time of year as it bursts into life
• Tea/Coffee on arrival
• Mid-Morning Tea/Coffee and cakes
Please bring a packed lunch